It seems like every industry is going through a transformation of some kind, and today’s up-and-coming consumer brands are no exception. Companies concerned with everything from how we buy food and clothing to how we travel or watch TV are taking advantage of the shifting tides in their industries and looking to unseat the seemingly invincible competitors that have dominated for years.
As Glossier shakes up the beauty industry, brands like HelloFresh and Halo Top are challenging traditional grocery stores and packaged-goods brands. TV viewers are demanding quality content wherever, whenever and on whichever devices they want it, and Sling TV and others are providing it. Meanwhile, Airbnb changed travelers’ expectations, and now, companies like Afar and onefinestay are giving consumers who want to do more than just relax when they’re on vacation true experiences.
These category disruptors are forcing legacy brands in retail, travel, TV, fashion and other industries to change the way they do business, and this week, we’re taking a deep dive into the upstarts that are changing the game.
Check out our full coverage:
- TV Viewers Are Demanding More Options, and Streaming Services Are Happy to Oblige
- 5 Brands Shaking Up the Grocery Industry by Changing What We Choose to Eat and How We Buy Food
- These Cosmetic Brands Are Letting Consumers Define What Beauty Means to Them
- Today’s Up-and-Coming Travel Brands Are Giving People Real Experiences, Not Just Vacations
- Can Showroom Brands Save Brick-and-Mortar Shopping?
- This Online Retailer Is Reimagining the Fashion Industry by Fostering Community
Don't miss Adweek NexTech, live this week, to explore privacy, data, attribution and the benchmarks that matter. Register for free and tune in.