Data and insight consultancy Kantar will once again oversee methodology and judging.
Submissions will be accepted through Jan. 17, and the winners will be revealed next spring.
Representatives of 2019 winners including Xfinity Mobile and Samsung appeared on stage during Advertising Week New York Tuesday with Google vice president of agency and brand solutions Tara Walpert Levy and discussed their winning campaigns.
The categories for the 2020 YouTube Works awards are:
- Grand Prix: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the most effective, creative, innovative and data-driven work with demonstrable business results.
- Creative Innovation: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates brilliant creative execution on a digital platform that drives business results.
- Media Innovation: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates brilliant media planning that drives business results.
- Better Together: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the most strategic example of agencies working together to merge media and creative in an innovative and effective way to break through.
- The David: Celebrating the campaign that created a Goliath-sized impact for a David-sized brand.
- Force for Good: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates proven impact on social causes that goes deeper than the bottom line.
- Action Driver: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates how YouTube is used to drive customers to action in decision-making moments.
- Search for Success: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the integration of the YouTube platform with Google Search, using insights and the ecosystem to drive business results.
- Ingenious Insight: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates the use of insights to power the creative use of the YouTube platform.
- Brands as Creators: Celebrating the campaign that best demonstrates brands behaving like creators, using YouTube formats that tap into consumer trends and growing communities.
And this year’s judges include:
- MediaCom chief digital and investment officer Steve Carbone
- Goodby Silverstein partner and head of communication strategy Christine Chen
- TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles chief creative officer Renato Fernandez
- American Advertising Federation chief operating officer Connie Frazier
- Essence executive vice president of strategy Jonathan Gittings
- Interactive Advertising Bureau senior vp, member engagement and development Sheryl Goldstein
- VaynerMedia head of content Ritesh Gupta
- Droga5 chief media officer Colleen Leddy
- Publicis chief digital officer Helen Lin
- Kantar CEO, Western region Mary Ann Packo
- Wavemaker U.S. CEO Amanda Richman
- R/GA U.S. CCO Tiffany Rolfe
- 360i chief media officer Doug Rozen
- Grey CCO Jeff Stamp
- UM executive vp and managing partner Stacey Stewart
- Saatchi & Saatchi NY CCO Taras Wayner