Facebook's advertising sales jumped 64 percent in the third quarter compared to the same period year, as the company maintained momentum from earnings reports earlier this year.
Here are 6 other important stats revealed by CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his team late this afternoon:
- Facebook generated $2.96 billion in ad sales during Q3, up from Q2's $2.68 billion. Overall revenue totaled $3.2 billion, a 59 percent lift from Q3 2013.
- Mobile continues to drive Facebook's growth, representing roughly 66 percent of ad revenue for Q3. Comparatively, mobile accounted for 49 percent of ad sales during 2013's third quarter.
- Daily active users (DAUs) averaged 864 million in September, a 19 percent jump from the same month last year.
- Mobile averaged 703 million DAUs during last month, a year-over-year increase of 39 percent.
- Cross-platform monthly active users (MAUs) in September totaled 1.35 billion, a 14 percent hike.
- Mobile MAUs came in at roughly 1.1 billion last month, which represented a 29 percent gain.