It seems that there's a new Snapchat data point being disclosed nearly every day, and there have been a few doozies in recent weeks. We rounded up six eyebrow-raising numbers from October to give our readers a good view into the hottest social network in marketing:
1. CEO Evan Spiegel and his team forecast that Sponsored Selfie Filters—a new ad unit from Snapchat—will reach up to 16 million viewers a day, BuzzFeed reported. The ad purchase will cost a maxium of $700,000 per day.
2. Cosmopolitan is averaging 3 million viewers a day on Snapchat Discover, per Digiday.
3. Digital music brand iHeartRadio generated about 340 million impressions on the mobile app during its two-day music festival in mid-September, an industry source told Adweek two weeks ago.
4. According to a new Piper Jaffray survey, Snapchat is more popular among American teens than Facebook, with 19 percent of them saying the mobile app is the most important social network. The most important platform for teens is Instagram (33 percent), followed by Twitter (20 percent), Snapchat and then Facebook (15 percent).
5. Nick Cicero, CEO of Delmondo, which helps brands work with social media influencers Gary Rojas, Esa Fung and Scotty Sire, dropped this nugget while recently speaking with Adweek: "[Rojas, Fung and Sire] are getting 300,000 to 400,000 views per Snapchat Story."
6. Snapchat gets 4 billion video views a day, according to an International Business Times report. That's the same number as Facebook. Yep, same as Facebook.