The 23rd Annual Webby Awards will be presented Monday, May 13, at Cipriani Wall Street in New York, and the winners were revealed Tuesday morning.
Wieden + Kennedy tallied 13 nominations. Other agencies highlighted by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences included BBDO New York (eight wins, 23 nominations), TBWA\Media Arts Lab (eight wins, 11 nominations), McCann New York (five wins, 14 nominations) and R/GA (three wins, 12 nominations).
Campaigns that stood out, according to IADAS, were: AT&T—It Can Wait—The Face of Distracted Driving (BBDO New York), The Most Vicious Cycle (McCann New York), Samsung x Fortnite: The Galaxy Skin (R/GA) and Apple Welcome Home (TBWA\Media Arts Lab).
The complete list is available here.
Webby Awards executive director Claire Graves said in a release, “This year’s advertising Webby winners created campaigns that highlight some of the greatest challenges that our society faces today, and they used media and technology to do so in totally fresh, fun and powerful ways. We’re thrilled to recognize their creativity and inspiration, and we applaud them for bringing greater awareness to these causes.”
Other campaigns called out by IADAS include:
- Dream Crazy, Wieden + Kennedy, which won for Integrated Campaign (Advertising, Media and PR), Viral Marketing (Advertising, Media and PR), Best Viral PR Campaign (Advertising, Media and PR) and Integrated Campaigns—Branded Entertainment (Video).
- @SeeLikeMenna, Saatchi & Saatchi, Best Cause-Related Campaign (Advertising, Media and PR) and Native Advertising (Social).
- Accessibility Mat, GTB Brazil, Experimental and Innovation (Apps and Mobile Features).
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Carnegie Deli Pop-Up, Tool, Best Launch—PR (Advertising, Media and PR).
- #ExcuseMe, McCann New York, Best Cause Related Campaign—PR (Advertising, Media and PR).
- Bacardi—Live Moves, BBDO New York, Social Media Campaign (Advertising, Media and PR).
- Photo Exhibition “Brain Drool 2018,” Hakuhodo, Art (Websites).
- Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home, Droga5, Travel Social Content Series and Campaigns (Social) and Integrated Campaigns (Video).
- The Whopper Detour, FCB New York, Brand Strategy (Advertising, Media and PR), Digital Campaigns (Advertising, Media and PR) and Best Use of Mobile Media (Advertising, Media and PR).
- Viva la Vulva, AMV BBDO, Health, Wellness, Pharmaceutical Branded Content (Advertising, Media and PR) and Best Art Direction (Video).
- The Most Interesting Job Interview, Cummins & Partners, Best User Experience (Websites).
- The Uncensored Playlist, MediaMonks, Public Service and Activism Branded Content (Advertising, Media and PR).
- Minecraft Coral Crafters, 215 McCann, Corporate Social Responsibility (Advertising, Media and PR).
- Exclusive the Rainbow, DDB, Best Video Campaign (Advertising, Media and PR) and Best Use of Earned Media (Advertising, Media and PR).
- Taco Bell’s Web of Fries, Deutsch, Branded Entertainment Short Form (Video).
Judges for the 23rd Annual Webby Awards included GE chief marketing officer Linda Boff, DDB Worldwide CEO Wendy Clark, 360i president Abbey Klaassen, Framestore CEO William Sargent, The Martin Agency CEO Kristen Cavallo, JPMorgan Chase CMO Kristin Lemkau, Droga5 founder and creative chairman David Droga and Wieden + Kennedy co-president Colleen Decourcy.