The top 20 brands on Facebook boasted an average of 14,916,032 likes at the end of October and averaged 41 posts for the month, down from 51 in September, according to the most recent statistics from social media analytics platform Socialbakers.
Socialbakers also found that:
- Retail food remained the top industry in terms of Facebook likes, at 190,915,971.
- Walmart remained the top brand on the social network in terms of likes, with 32,169,336.
- Disney continued its reign as top media brand, with 12,351,536 likes.
- Purina Veterinary Exchange became the new lead dog in terms of Facebook post engagement rate, at 37.65 percent, out-woofing the leader from the previous two months, Waggin’ Train Dog Treats.
- Mobile carriers continued to dominate Socialbakers’ Socially Devoted list, and it was Verizon Wireless’ turn in October, as it posted a score of 973, topping August leader T-Mobile USA (881) and September winner Sprint (863).