Group product manager Nikin Julka said in a blog post that the new experience will be available to all LinkedIn advertisers starting Nov. 14, describing it as a “complete overhaul” of Campaign Manager and saying that it will “lay the groundwork for objective-based optimization and pricing to come mid-2019.”
Once advertisers choose the primary objective of their campaign—driving clicks to a website, lead generation, video views—LinkedIn’s campaign creation experience will be customized based on that objective.
Julka said only ad formats and features that support the primary objective will be surfaced, and “other enhancements” have been added to guide advertisers through each step of the process. He also highlighted several improvements:
- Multiple screens have been combined into a single flow, making navigation easier and resulting in fewer pages for advertisers to click through.
- A new forecast panel provides estimates of expected results based on campaign inputs and comparisons to similar campaigns and brands.
- LinkedIn’s targeting tools have been completely redesigned.
- On the back end, Julka wrote, “We have also rewritten Campaign Manager to a new technical stack, making the interface faster and more responsive. This will allow us to release new updates, more quickly for higher-quality experiences.”
- A new live ad preview enables brands to see what their ads will look like as they’re being created.
Julka said the new campaign creation flow works seamlessly with the reporting experience it introduced in July, adding, “Objective-based advertising will serve as the foundation for future innovation to come, making it easier and more intuitive to launch ads and meet your business goals on Campaign Manager.”