We’ve been meaning to do this for a while and finally got around to it:
Because you absolutely need to know when, where and with whom your media people are having lunch so that you can recklessly speculate about what that might possibly mean, we’re providing you with a list of media people who had lunch at Michael’s today. (Send your sightings to FishbowlNY@mediabistro.com.)
Starting with: Anna Wintour and the New York president of Cartier at the table closest to the door.
At Jerry Della Femina’s table: GMA film critic Joel Siegel, CNN political analyst Jeff Greenfield (who went over to the ABC table at the head of the restaurant at one point to say hello to everyone) and others.
At Roger Ailes’ table: ABC News’ Jon Karl and someone else.
At Michael Wolff’s table: Jonathan Prince
At Gil Schwartz’s table: John Sykes, CEO and Chairman of Infinity Broadcasting
At Tina Brown’s table: Michael Korda (editor-in-chief of Simon & Schuster, although she’s writing her Diana book for Doubleday, a Random House imprint)
At the window table:
– Liz Smith,
– Sherrie Rollins Westin (wife of ABC News honcho David, EVP of Corporate Affairs for the Sesame Workshop, and ex-head of Corp. Communications for ABC)
– Patti Matson (former head of PR for ABC Corp._
– Joan Ganz Cooney (Children’s Television Workshop)
– Cynthia McFadden (co-anchor of ABC’s “Primetime Live” and ABC News Senior Legal Correspondent)
– Susan Mercandetti (former head of acquisitions, Miramax and wife of Richard Haas, council on foreign relations)
At Mario Cuomo’s table: Charles Grodin (actor, former talk show host, etc.)
Along the wall near the bar:
– Don Welsh (founder of Budget Living) with Chuck Whittingham, ex-publisher of Fortune
– Ed Nardoza (editor-in-chief, WWD) and Pete Born (associate publisher and also a top editor of WWD) with two unidentified individuals
Scott Yardley (creative director of Ladies Home Journal), Tony Hoyt (ex-publisher of House Beautiful, Redbook, Cosmopolitan and others, president of Rebus, a health & wellness focused publishing house) and Lisa Benenson, formerly the Editor-in-Chief for both Working Mother and Working Woman magazines and editorial director and vice president of Rebus.
Lisa Dallos, corporate communications for Wenner Media with Ali Zelenko, exec director of communications for Time Inc. and Elisa Lipsky-Karasz, associate editor of WWDScoop
The table between Tony Hoyt and Gil Schwartz: Pamela Fiori (editor of Town and Country) with another woman.
One table behind Jerry Della Femina): Amy Fine Collins with two others.
Also spotted Allen Grubman (father of Lizzie and
high-powered entertainment lawyer)
Peter O. Price (husband of Avenue Magazine founder Judy Price and National President for NATAS)
Jack Myers, tv buzz-meister and owner of mediavillage.com was seated near Anna Wintour’s table with Klipmart CEO Chris Young and PR agent George Simpson
Jonathan Tisch at a table near the front, with family
Jonathan Wald (a former EP at Today show and NBC Nightly News with someone unidentified) was behind Lisa Dallos
Cablevisionâ€™s Barry Frey, there with MediaEdge executive Mike Bologna