Hiring in the social gaming industry was down this week, with nine companies reporting 11 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources Zynga reported the most activity. Idle Games had the week’s most noteworthy hire, bringing Zynga’s former lead game designer Michael McCormick on as its director of game design.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Bohan Yang, International Mobile Engineer – Yang comes to Crowdstar from a position as a technical assistant programmer at the Linguistic Data Consortium.
- Michael McCormick, Director of Game Design – A high profile move for Idle Games, which hires McCormick from Zynga, where he was CityVille’s lead game designer.
- Elin Andersson, Junior Graphic Artist – Andersson makes a career shift, having previously been an art teacher at Allvar Gullstrand High school.
- Damjan Stulic, Software Engineer – Stulic was previously a software engineer at Rivet Games.
- Marija Ilić, Customer Support Specialist – Ilić was previously a restaurant supervisor at the Costa Lindia Beach Resort.
- Selin Koseoglu, Art Director – Peak also makes our list with a single hire. Koseoglu was formerly an art director at ArcadeMonk.
- Sebastian Bermeo, Flash Developer – Social point reports two hires this week. First up is Bermeo, who was previously a game developer at Karibu Games.
- Javier Garcia, iOS Developer – Garcia is Social Point’s other hire this week, coming on board as an iOS developer.
- Ivar Zantinge, Corporate Business Development Director – Spil brings aboard Zantinge from his previous position as the VP business development at TomTom.
- John Combs, Super Moderator – Combs joins Zynga’s community management team as a Super Moderator.
- Kami Rai, Marketing and Community Manager – Rai gets a promotion at Zynga, moving up from his former position as a customer support and community manager.
- Steven Yu, Senior System Administrator – Yu was previously a senior system administrator at Blizzard Entertainment.