The PBS NewsHour hiring machine keeps on keeping on, this time snagging two producers from the Washington Post as well as a producer from ABC News and bringing back a former desk assistant. There are promotions as well.
While the majority of the hires this round has been for the elections team, NewsHour has also picked up Rhana Natour, who will be a national affairs reporter/producer. She had been an associate producer at ABC News.
Details on the 2016 election team changes are below:
- Pamela Kirkland joins as a producer. She arrives from The Washington Post, where she was a video producer and worked on the launch of PostTV. Kirkland was also a 2014 News & Documentary Emmy nominee as part of the team who created online doc The N-Word.
- Joining Kirkland is fellow former WaPo staffer Julie Percha, who has also been named a producer. Percha was a politics video producer for PostTV at the Post.
- Jasmine Wright rounds out the election team hires, coming on as a production assistant. Wright is a familiar face at NewsHour, where she was a desk assistant earlier in the year.
- Rachel Wellford has been promoted to elections producer. Another former desk assistant, she had most recently been a production assistant.
- Geoffrey Guray, yet another staffer who got his start as a desk assistant, is now a reporter/producer. He had most recently been segment unit production assistant.