A photo is worth a thousand words, and for some, millions of Instagram followers. If you’re like me, you’ve been following those great photographers on Instagram and wishing you had the right skills to create similarly great photos. Luckily, there’s an easy way to do so on Skillshare, where the latest series of tutorial videos feature some of the best photographers on Instagram.
The range in style and medium varies widely, so there’s plenty for everyone from “hip-hop photographer Jonathan Mannion to Patagonia’s Jeff Johnson and National Geographic‘s Ami Vitale or powerhouse Instagrammers like Dan Rubin, Benjamin Heath and Tyson Wheatley.”
Each class is a collection of on-demand videos, but we think it’ll also be fun because students will have the chance to win a mobile photography package from Photojojo or a chance to accompany Tyson Wheatly on a photoshoot. Swoon!
Skillshare classes are available for $10 a month for unlimited access, but you can also view an hour’s worth for free every month.
Check out the full schedule of classes below:
September 30, 2014
- Tyson Wheatley presents The Possibilities of Instagram: Sharing Your Best Photos
- Dan Rubin presents Mobile Post-Production: Editing Your Photos in Apps
- Adam Goldberg presents Food Photography: Capturing a Morning Worth Eating
- trashhand presents Cityscape Photography: Capture Your City’s Story
- Kevin Lu presents Photo Illusions: Creating Mind-Bending Photographs
- Julie Lee presents Food Photography: Styling Food Collages
- Brenton Little presents Mobile Photography: Capturing Friends and New Perspectives
- Dave Krugman presents Hyperlapse Photography: Pushing Boundaries with Instagram
- Jonathan Mannion presents Portrait Photography: Creating a Compelling Narrative
- Jeff Johnson presents Adventure Photography: Sharing Extreme Experiences
- Ami Vitale presents Documentary Photography: Capturing Places and People
- Jason Peterson presents Aerial Photography: Capturing Life from Above
- Christian Cannon presents Using Perspective: Photographing a Place in Four Styles
- Van Styles presents Visual Appeal: The Art of Model Photography
- Chris Burkard presents Landscape Photography: Exploring, Shooting, and Editing
- Tim Landis presents Mobile Photography: Capturing Landscapes
- Benjamin Heath presents Photographing People in Their Spaces
- Marte Marie Forsberg presents Lifestyle Photography: Capturing People, Flavors, and Conversation
- Dylan Coutler presents Editorial Photography: Capturing Subjects in the Studio
- Ben Lowy presents Photojournalism: Profiling Day-to-Day Life
- Shane McCauley presents Entertainment Photography: Capturing Music, Events & Lifestyle
Those last two classes aren’t up on Skillshare’s website yet, but a spokesperson tells us they’re definitely launching in January and will be up on the site in a few weeks.