As brand monitoring and oversight continue to increase in importance for companies using Facebook and other social networks, SocialVolt introduced a new solution, Channels, which combines monitoring, publishing, moderation, and risk management in one suite of tools.
Scott Oppliger, founder and chief executive officer of social media management provider SocialVolt, and Director of Marketing Joe Cox spoke with us about Channels, with Oppliger mentioning one of the main reasons Channels and similar offerings are necessary: “Companies and agencies make major gaffes on clients’ accounts and live to regret it.”
Channels allows its users to monitor Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, YouTube, and “millions of blogs,” and some of its features, as described by Oppliger and Cox, include:
- The use of a series of scientific algorithms to assess positive, negative, and neutral conversations and brand sentiment in real-time.
- A moderation system that allows administrators to oversee all outgoing messaging before it is posted and made public.
- Administrators can monitor all outgoing content or only content that meets certain criteria.
- Custom dictionaries of words and phrases can be created, allowing administrators to flag keywords.
- Authors and reviewers are allowed access to all social media accounts, but without credentials, so administrators can review content before it goes live.
- Content can be monitored for profanity, hate, and racist or sexual terms.
- The built-in workflow allows specific messages to be assigned to specific users of the Channels platform.
- Companies can manage multiple brands, territories, or departments over a single platform.
- Metrics and reporting for individual social media networks are placed into different buckets and can be kept separate from other accounts.
- Agencies and clients work in collaboration on the Channels platform, and permissions can be set up so that either party has the final approval before content is posted.
Oppliger added in a press release:
Channels is a fresh and much-needed approach to brand monitoring that not only allows enterprises to track relevant social conversations, but also lets them immediately engage as needed with its intuitive moderation and publishing features. Channels checks all of the necessary brand-monitoring boxes, but also includes robust social media risk-management capabilities.