@YouTube maintains its position as the most popular brand on Twitter, with its more than 46 million followers placing it well ahead of all other brands, including the official @Twitter profile.
Indeed, @Twitter isn’t even second on its own network – that space has long been reserved for @Instagram, although both remain many millions behind @YouTube. There’s also quite a divide between Twitter’s top three and fourth-placed @cnnbrk.
Social media profiles dominate Twitter, accounting for five of the first six spots. @Facebook continues to close in on @twitter_es, Twitter’s Spanish-tweeting profile, and should pass it before the end of the year. However, both have been leapfrogged by @nytimes this month, which now moves up to sixth. Meanwhile, @Vine and @MTV swap places at 15th and 16th.
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 46,855,963 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 36,341,311)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 33,727,564)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 21,321,555)
5. CNN (@cnn, 14,986,277)
6. The New York Times (@nytimes, 14,212,582)
7. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 14,018,853)
8. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,900,843)
9. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 13,778,253)
10. ESPN (@espn, 13,580,082)
11. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 13,446,421)
12. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 12,395,065)
13. NBA (@NBA, 12,187,527)
14. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,867,056)
15. Vine (@vineapp, 11,748,064)
16. MTV (@MTV, 11,668,829)
17. SportsCenter (@SportsCenter, 11,554,758)
18. Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile, 10,165,096)
19. A Googler (@google, 9,457,701)
20. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 9,369,365)