Katy Perry, who became the first person to reach 50 million followers in January of this year, maintains her position as Twitter’s most-followed individual, with a lead of more than two million followers over second-placed (and former number one) Justin Bieber.
No changes in the order of the top 10 this month – however, both Perry and President Obama have gained about 1.3 million followers since last month, significantly more than anyone else. Conversely, Lady Gaga, who was once Twitter’s top user, has added just 300K.
Here’s the latest look at Twitter’s 10 most-popular individuals.
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry, 56,331,458 followers)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 54,156,578)
3. Barack Obama (@barackobama, 45,904,147)
4. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13, 43,254,878)
5. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga, 42,036,059)
6. Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 38,679,949)
7. Rihanna (@rihanna, 37,030,224)
8. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake, 34,437,038)
9. Ellen Degeneres (@TheEllenShow, 31,078,078)
10. Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano, 29,458,421)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)