Twitter for Apple TV users can now link their iPhones or iPads up with their accounts and tweet away.
Twitter announced the update to its application for Apple TV in a tweet.
The social network said in an email to Social Pro Daily that the new feature works as follows:
- Open Twitter on your iOS device and on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- Use the Siri remote while in Twitter for Apple TV and long-press for three seconds.
- Select @anyone to link your iOS device with your Apple TV.
- Send any tweet from the live timeline on the TV to your iOS device.
- Join the conversation on your iOS device and reply, like, retweet or add images and GIFs.
Twitter TV product manager Ryan Troy said in an email to Social Pro Daily: “People love to tweet while watching their favorite TV shows because it allows everyone to experience what’s happening together. This update, combined with Twitter’s daily programming that’s shaped by tweets from the audience, helps enable true interactive TV.”