The Washington Post social reader application for Facebook has gone multiplatform, as the newspaper announced the release of apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, Android devices, and the Kindle Fire.
The apps provide the same features as the Facebook app, allowing users to discover and share news stories from more than 30 publications, including the flagship newspaper, as well as:
- Newsweek/The Daily Beast;
- Fox Sports;
- The Atlantic;
- Rodale’s Men’s Health and Women’s Health;
- The Stream on Al Jazeera;
- Stiff Jab;
- The Independent;
- Ireland’s breakingnews.ie; and
- India’s Bollywood Life and Cricket Country.
The app can be downloaded via:
- The iTunes App Store for the iPhone and iPod Touch
- The Android Market for devices on that platform
- The Amazon Appstore for its Kindle Fire e-reader
The Washington Post Co. Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer Vijay Ravindran said:
Making our social reader mobile is more important than ever, considering that over 11 million people currently use it on Facebook. This mobile launch is just the first of many enhancements we’ll make, as we continue to develop the app.