Howard Owens asks Patch editors why, if they’re basically acting as site owners, they don’t actually try to own their own sites…..Ruth Reichl, former editor of Gourmet, explains why her job at Gilt Groupe is a fantastic example of a new media business model….and more stuff from yesterday…..enjoy!
- Memo to Patch editors: If you’re going to work that hard, why not start your own hyperlocal site? (via Romenesko+)
- Ex-Gourmet Editor Embraces New Journalism Model (via FishbowlLA)
- Actress Lake Bell Named Contributing Editor at The Hollywood Reporter (via FishbowlLA)
- Hearst Launches New Magazine With HGTV (via FishbowlNY)
- Bloomberg’s digital leader has left company (via Talking Biz News)