Falling down the YouTube rabbit hole can be a pretty time-consuming experience. But did you know that there are a whole slew of keyboard shortcuts that can help shave seconds off your YouTube viewing experience! OK, we admit that these keyboard shortcuts probably won’t save you a whole lot of time, but they do make for a more streamlined and comfortable YouTube experience.
A new infographic from KeyRocket reveals seven YouTube shortcuts to make your viewing experience faster:
- Press the F key for full screen
- Press 0 to jump to the beginning of the video
- Press the number keys, 1 through 9, to jump from 10% to 90% of the video
- Press the Tab key to jump from Play/Pause to Volume, Shrink, Expand Captions, Statistics, Like, Dislike, Add to, Share and Flag
- Control the volume with the up and down arrow keys
- Press the Space bar or Enter key to pause and play the video
- Pause the video and then press the up and left arrow keys together to play the Snake Game! You can hit the spacebar to restart the video if you want to play while watching
The infographic also includes some statistics about YouTube that you may or may not already know, such as the fact that 72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute and over 4 billion hours of video are watched each month.
Check out the full infographic below to find out more and let us know what you think. Do you use keyboard shortcuts when watching YouTube videos? If you haven’t before, do you think you’ll start?
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.